Sweet Summertime (Doggie) Treats with Hannah Kaminsky
It’s June – which can only mean one thing…summer!
To celebrate the beginning of summer we’ve partnered with Bay Area food author, Hannah Kaminsky on some fun, ‘Summertime Sweet Treat’ recipes using our Wild Earth Superfood Treats. Hannah Kaminsky is the author of My Sweet Vegan and Vegan Desserts, and creator of the award-winning blog Bittersweet.
Alone, our superfood treats are quite healthy, but these recipes are meant to be a fun way to spoil your pup with a rare dessert! It’s important to note that these recipes are not meant to be eaten every day (just like sweet treats for us).
Hannah created two delicious recipes: Biscuits & Banana ‘Milk’shake and Pupper Nutter Truffles. See below for the complete recipes!
Wild Earth Superfood Dog Treats
Did you know that as a Wild Earth dog food subscriber you get 30% off our superfood treats?
They are full of protein, healthy fiber and omega fatty acids. They come in Peanut Butter, Banana & Cinnamon, and Strawberry & Beet. Plus, they’re a healthy way to get that tail waggin’!
Already a dog food subscriber? You can log into your account and add treats to your existing subscription!
Summertime Sweet Treat Recipes
Biscuits & Bananas Milkshake (1 – 2 Servings)
1/2 Cup Iced Cubes
1 Medium Banana, Sliced
1/4 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
1/2 Cup Plain, Unsweetened Non-Dairy Milk
2 Wild Earth Banana & Cinnamon Superfood Dog Treats
- Add all ingredients, aside from the treats, to a blender and run until smooth. Be careful not to overdo it, or the machine will start to warm up and melt the ice very quickly.
- Roughly chop the treats and add half into the blender. Pulse to incorporate without completely pureeing the mixture. You want to leave some texture for your pup to enjoy!
- Pour into a glass (or dog bowl) and top with the remaining treat crumbles. Sit, stay, and serve right away!
Pupper Nutter Truffles (Makes 12 – 15 Truffles)
1/2 Cup Old-Fashioned Rolled Oats
15 Wild Earth Peanut Butter Superfood Dog Treats
1 Tablespoon Chia Seeds
1/2 Cup Creamy Peanut Butter
2 – 4 Tablespoons Water
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the oats, dog treats, and chia seeds in a food processor or blender, and pulse until finely ground. The mixture should be the consistency of coarse flour, somewhat like almond meal. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Add the peanut butter and 2 tablespoons of water to the bowl and mix with a sturdy spatula. The dough will be very thick and stiff, so you may need to just get your hands in there to get everything fully incorporated. If it’s simply too dry or crumbly to come together, slowly drizzle in an additional 1 – 2 tablespoons of water, as needed.
- Scoop out 1 heaping tablespoon of dough for each truffle, roll them into balls, and place on your prepared baking sheet. Place the balls in your fridge for at least an hour to set. Store any extras in an airtight container in the fridge, or stash them in the freezer for a longer lasting treat!
How’d it Turn Out??
Did you make Biscuits & Banana ‘Milk’shakes or Peanut Nutter Truffles for your favorite pup(s)? If so, we want to see it! Tag us @WildEarthPets on Instagram or Facebook so we can share all the creative and tasty ways that you treat your dog!